Civility at the workplace is a valuable and precious characteristic of the workforce. A workplace that is lacking in it and exhibits traits such as browbeating, harassment, gossip, backbiting, bullying, violence and the like, is a workplace that no one likes to work in. Once a workplace is set into these qualities, it finds it difficult to overcome it.
However, any organization that is serious about its business and is interested in retaining its client base has to outgrow all these qualities if it has to produce products or services that are up to standards, because these qualities and attitudes can severely impede an organization’s ability to produce high standard products or services and dent its bottom line severely.
Learning on how to imbibe the positive quality of civility at the workplace
But how do organizations do this? How do they emerge from these negative qualities to become an esteemed and preferred employer, add value to their products and services and become well-known in the market? This is the teaching a webinar from TrainHR, a leading provider of professional trainings for the human resources areas, will be offering.
Lew Bayer, who leads the team at Civility Experts Worldwide, which now has 33 affiliates with representation in 12 countries, and has earned the title of Canada’s leading expert on civility in the workplace; will be the speaker at this webinar. Lew, a recipient of the Manitoba Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award for International Business, was also nominated for the RBC Canadian Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2009, 2010 and 2011, and was the first Canadian to be awarded the prestigious AICI International Civility Star Award in May 2010.
Want to hear from such an accomplished master on how to inculcate civility at your workplace? Then, please register for this webinar by visiting TrainHR.
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM.
Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
Discussion on the problems areas of civility
At this session, Lew will encourage participants to have open discussion and understand how to implement solutions in key areas of work that relate to civility. These include:
- Understanding what civility is exactly, and learning why they should care about it
- Identifying symptoms of viral rudeness in their workplaces
- Recognizing if/how they as individuals contribute to a toxic workplace
- Adopting behaviors that foster civility in the workplace.
After this valuable learning session, participants will be able to walk away with tangible benefits. They will be able to:
- Understand how civility can build trust and build their bottom line
- Use three key ingredients to embed civility into their work and life to communicate more effectively, build trust and encourage respect
- Implement five best practices for fostering civility with their clients, community and in general
- Take away sources and resources they can use immediately to build civility into their business.
Of immense benefit to professionals in Human Resources, Business Owners, Managers, and Consultants; this webinar will cover the following areas:
- Defining civility: the cost as well as the consequences of incivility
- Understanding the 3 main reasons people are not civil even when they know the risks
- Best practices for fostering civility with your clients, coworkers and others.