Fremont, CA: TrainHR, a very trustworthy name in the area of human resources training, will offer a webinar on January 15, 2019, on the topic, “What Every HR Professional Should Know about Coaching Toxic Personalities”. This webinar will have Mitchell Kusy, an illustrious HR professional who is currently professor in the PhD. Program, Graduate School of Leadership & Change, Antioch University, as the speaker.
Please visit https://www.trainhr.com/control/w_product/~product_id=702277LIVE/?wordpress-seo to enroll for this webinar and gain valuable insights into how to handle toxic personalities at the workplace.
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program. This webinar been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
This webinar is completely based on a comprehensive three-year study the expert at this webinar, Dr. Mitchell Kusy, carried out with Dr. Elizabeth Holloway, aimed at analyzing how toxic behaviors in the workplace rob organizations of everyday politeness, making them places that people avoid joining and working in.
This study, which had a sample of more than 400 participants, zeroed in on measurable figures that convincingly proved that when employees make daily courtesy a habit, it leads to an environment in which there is positive change in the organization.
Dr. Kusy will explain the findings of this study in detail at this webinar. He will validate his findings by presenting facts which show what changes could be observed before and after employees adapted this attitude.
How to avoid toxic behaviors?
The core of this webinar is to demonstrate a practical and fresh approach that amalgamates everyday civility with performance management. A salient part of this study is how to avoid narcissistic employees. The speaker will explain how a simple tool such as this can be extremely powerful in bringing about change at almost no cost and yet offer high returns.
One of the strongest negative consequences of having a toxic employee is that other employees would not hesitate to leave the organization if they had a toxic employee in their midst. This is what about half of the respondents in this study said. Toxic employees bring with them a domino effect: they breed more toxicity among their colleagues, which vitiates the entire organization. Dr. Kusy will also offer learning which lead to an understanding of the ways in which toxic behaviors destroy team cultures when implemented at the micro HR level.
Dr. Kusy will explain the following startling facts at this webinar, which the study of which Dr. Kusy was co-author showed:
- 92% of employees rated the range of severity of toxic work behaviors 7 to 10 on a 10-point scale: How can HR reduce the severity of these behaviors?
- 94% of employees have work with a toxic person in the past 5 years: What are best practices for HR intervention?
- 87% reported that team climate worsened: How can HR assess team climate with a simple and innovative assessment tool?
- 51% of your organization’s top talent is likely to quit because of a toxic person: What are top HR strategies to reduce this turnover?
- 90% of your customers who witness a toxic interchange between two employees tell others: How can HR prevent the erosion of your business?
- 6% of individuals impacted by a toxic person ever filed a formal complaint: What can HR do to increase this low reporting percentage?
This webinar is of immense use for those who have to deal with toxic behaviors in organizations, such as HR Leaders, HR Practitioners, Talent Development Professionals, Organization Development Practitioners, and Leadership Coaches.