Dealing with difficult people…well, this should rank as one of the foremost challenges for most people. At our jobs, in our lives, in our social networks, or just any other place, we are sure to come across difficult people at some point of time. Learning to deal with them qualifies as a life skill, because this skill can take us a long way.
It helps us to gain control over our relationships with people, gives us the tools to implement solutions to problems in both life and at work, and finally, it leads us to the action that needs to be taken when we come across such people.
All this is fine, but how does on learn to deal with difficult people? This is the core question a webinar from TrainHR, a leading provider of professional training for all the areas of human resources, is organizing on January 29, will seek to answer.
Rhonda Scharf, an Ottawa-based Professional Speaker and member of the Canadian Speaking Hall of Fame, Trainer and Author, who is the speaker at this session, will explain the ways of dealing with difficult people.
Please visit TrainHR to enroll for this highly valuable, entertaining and interactive session.
This session is aimed at helping those who feel constantly victimized in various situations involving difficult people. It could be about getting shouted at by a customer. It could be about having the credit due to oneself being snatched away by selfish and manipulative colleagues, a manager who could throw out all his failures on you, or simply any another.
At this session which is aimed at all employees, HR and Manager, Rhonda will cover the following areas:
- 5 strategies for improving communication with difficult people – so you can end your frustration!
- How to diffuse people who are angry, upset or just plain rude, and how to calm tense situations
- How these strategies will improve your reputation as a professional and reduce your stress
- What motivates the attitudes and behaviors of difficult people (knowledge is power for future interactions!)
- Techniques for giving feedback to difficult people to help correct or even improve their behavior (make it easy for you)
- How to face life confidently, knowing you’re up to any challenge (stop getting kicked around and increase your self-esteem)
About the expert: A highly experienced professional speaker who calls herself a Workplace Efficiency Expert, Rhonda is a Certified Speaking Professional who has spoken to tens of thousands of people in dozens of different countries.
A member of the speaking Hall of Fame, she has consulted with some of the world’s most recognized companies including Sony, Mercedes-Benz, the US Coast Guard, Exxon Mobil, Bank of Canada, all levels of government in Canada and the US, and hundreds more companies.