As the 21st century workplace evolves with the enormous changes being brought about by technology; the virtual workplace is now a reality. As more and more employees and organizations adapt telecommuting and remote working; managers have to bring in changes into their mindsets. Like all new introductions; this activity too, comes with challenges, but these can be overcome with some thoughtfulness, practice and persistence.
Organizations that manage their telecommute policy efficiently enjoy many benefits:
- Employees work in an organization whose culture and environment they are familiar with. This eliminates the need for acculturation or acclimatization
- Employees who are permitted to work from home will be able to balance their work life situation, which results in greater productivity. Work life balance is proven to be a crucial factor for facilitating and boosting productivity
- They will be relatively fresh over longer hours of the workday, since they spend much less on stressful activities like travel
All these, it goes without saying, can only be achieved if the managements in a company understand the ways of making telecommuting work. Management needs to be openminded and flexible in understanding the elements of telecommuting, failing which the entire process produces the antithesis of what it should: lack of coordination, poor or untimely communication, delayed delivery, and many others.
Knowledge of how to derive the advantages of telecommuting
The dynamics and intricacies of telecommuting, understanding which is necessary to help organizations get the best out of it, will be offered at a webinar that is being organized by TrainHR, a leading provider of professional trainings for the human resources industry.
The speaker at this webinar is Chris DeVany, founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Please register for this webinar by visiting TrainHR .
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM.
Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
This webinar has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
Addressing the areas of concern
At this webinar, the speaker will teach participants the ways by which they can acquire and hone the skill of managing teams remotely. Chris will pack this hard-hitting workshop with powerful exercises, models and case studies specifically designed for managers of multiple locations to heighten the learning and make it relevant and meaningful.
Chris will detail what it takes to manage telecommuting and remote working, which will enable employers to understand how to get it right. He will take up for clarification some of the core concerns of managers who manage teams remotely, such as
- The possible loss of time and productivity lost by members of the team because they are spread out and work in different time zones
- The need for added paper work
- Lack of communication with team members that are located far away.
Almost real life-like
Chris will arm the participants of this session with a practical method of fine-tuning off-site management skills in a simulated, almost real-life environment where they will not need to bother about making a costly mistake. It will be an effective dress rehearsal for the real assignments that they can handle immediately after attending this session. This webinar will impart proven, effective strategies that they can implement into their real-life situations as soon as they have finished this learning.
This session will help participants:
- Raise the productivity at every location
- Reduce paperwork
- Be aware that off-site employees are following the rules, period, including home-office rules
- Spot problems even before they manifest
At this webinar, Chris will cover the following areas:
- Maintain Order While Managing Long-Distance
- Stay In Touch – And Control – No Matter What
- Establish Quality-Minded Teams You Can Rely On
- Troubleshoot Off-Site Problems Like A Pro
CEOs, Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Executive Directors, Managing Directors, Regional Vice Presidents, Area Supervisors and Managers, who are involved in time management and efficiency of their employees, will benefit in a big way from this webinar.