Interviews are only a part of the onboarding process. The onboarding process includes the interview, as well as the induction process, the training, plus much else. In other words, it is the means by which the new hires are acclimatized into the organizational culture. So, it is very crucial to create a positive impression into the new hires about the organization. This is the primary objective of an onboarding process.
This is also the reason for which the onboarding process should not be carried out clumsily. If done this way, the gains of the interview process would go on to get neutralized and undone. This is something that organizations need to avoid if they have to get the new talent to take off and grow into the organization.
When done right, a proper onboarding process can fill the organization’s bottom line to the tune of millions of dollars. However, getting it wrong can wreck the bottom line. This is why HR should develop and implement a well thought-out process that matches employee expectations.
Want to learn the ways of designing, developing and implementing an effective onboarding program with which employees become fully engaged, productive and successful in quick time? Then, a learning session from TrainHR, a leading provider of professional training for the human resources industry, is just right for you.
This session, which TrainHR is organizing on May 9, brings the highly respected Industrial/Organizational Psychologist and thought leader, Lynn Ware, as the expert at this session. To derive the benefit of the rich experience that Dr. Ware brings into this topic, register for this sixty-minute session by visiting http://bit.ly/2VUcsTI
This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
The essence of this learning is the knowledge that Dr. Ware will impart about the current best practices in onboarding and the ways of organizing the new hire experience to build commitment, confidence and competence. She will also explain how current day technologies, such as online gaming, and mobile applications can be integrated into the onboarding process to improve the engagement and inspire the new talent to quickly grasp the knowledge and skills they need to perform in the new job.
This learning will help participants of this webinar to adapt ways by which they can rapidly contribute to the achievement of the organization’s desired business results. Incorporating these strategies will help participating organizations implement the latest in onboarding technology.
This webinar is aimed at benefiting all the personnel who are involved in the onboarding process, and these include Human Resource Professionals, HR Generalists, Managers, Supervisors, Leaders, Executives, Talent Managers, and Retention Consultants.
Dr. Ware will cover the following areas at this webinar:
- Turn your onboarding event into a 90 day process
- Engage your new hires in learning the required skills quickly and easily
- Use technology to streamline new hire logistics and help them learn new job skills in an engaging and interesting way
- Ensure team cohesion and support for new hires by involving key team members in the process
- Maximize new hire productivity by ensuring candidates have the tools to “pre-board”
- Increase the retention of all new hires and reduce their turnover during the first year on the job
- How to design a 90-day onboarding process that reduces the time it takes to get new employees up to speed
- How to provide your virtual organization with the mobile application for tablets and smartphones
- How to design and develop the content and learning activities to be used on the gaming platform
- How to use manager, buddy and new employee checklists in the process
- How to measure the business impact and contribution your new onboarding process delivers
- Innovative case examples
- Your Questions.
About the speaker: Dr. Ware is the CEO and President at Integral Talent Systems, Inc. She has designed, developed and implemented career development systems in partnership with several Best Place to Work organizations such as Google and Scripps Medical Center.
Dr. Ware has experience designing, implementing and measuring a wide variety of integrated talent management solutions in the consumer products, energy, financial services, health care, technology, manufacturing and retail industries.
She is frequently quoted on trends in talent management in numerous publications such as the Associated Press, San Francisco Chronicle, Harvard Business Review, and Computer World magazine, and has been featured several times on CNN as a global talent management expert.