Nothing is perhaps more unwelcome and distracting in an office environment than the toxic employee. Who is a toxic employee? It is one who disrupts the everyday functions at office and who destroys the culture in the organization due to her negativity. Undoubtedly, a toxic employee is the number one enemy of the organization. Organizations that learn to deal with such characters can remove a huge stumbling block in their way.
But how do organizations do this? This is the learning a webinar from TrainHR, a leading provider of professional training for the human resources area, will be imparting. This 90-minute learning experience will be led by Mitchell Kusy, who, as the old cliché goes, needs no introduction to the world of organizational development. A Fulbright Scholar in Organization Development, Dr. Kusy is a professor in the PhD. Program at the Graduate School of Leadership & Change, Antioch University.
Please visit http://bit.ly/2Mr44qX to enroll for this webinar.
It is the rich experience of having consulted and having been a keynote speaker with hundreds of organizations nationally and internationally, through all of which he has helped to create work cultures of respectful engagement impacting individual, team, and bottom-line performance; that Dr. Kusy will bring to this learning session. With clinical precision, he will explain the 12 strategies that organizations can adapt to identify and deal with the toxic employee.
Powerful strategies for dealing with toxic employees
The identification of these 12 strategies is based on his research, which is considered a landmark in organizational studies. This nationally and internationally acclaimed expert on the toxic employee will share his findings from the three years of national study. Done over 400 individuals, this research is a complete primer on what makes people develop toxic personalities at the office and how organizations can deal with them. He will share the learning gained from this study and offer suggestions on how organizations can successfully handle disruptive behaviors and put a culture of everyday civility in place.
The outcome of the learning gained at this webinar is fourfold:
- Discernible improvement in personal wellbeing
- A noticeable decrease in workplace drama
- A palpable betterment in team performance
- A marked improvement in the organization’s financial performance.
In this crucial session, which is aimed at personnel who handle negative employees directly in the course of their daily work, such as Leadership Coaches, Organization Development Practitioners, Talent Development Professionals, Human Resource Leaders, Human Resource Practitioners, and Executives, Managers and Supervisors; Dr. Kusy will cover the following areas:
- Revise traditional performance management into one that positions values of everyday civility into concrete behaviors
- Coach toxic personalities in the most effective ways to give them feedback
- Deal more effectively with the 94% of employees who have reported they have worked with a toxic person in the past 5 years
- Use a simple assessment tool to understand team climate, as 87% reported that team climate worsened as a result of a toxic person
- Avoid hiring toxic people with a simple, concrete, and no-cost method
- Calculate the financial cost of toxic individuals in your organization.