Talent management is that critical management skill that really defines an organization after all. But then, talent management does not happen in a vacuum. If the organization is to be successful at its talent acquisition and talent management endeavors, it must create the right career development ecosystem for it. Well thought out strategies should go into creating this ecosystem.
This career development ecosystem should be an integrated one, into which many elements need to go in. Once the top management devises the right method for putting this ecosystem in place; it helps the organization tap the strength of its resources in executing its business goals.
It happens only in a positive organizational culture
The starting point of this strategy for building an integrated ecosystem for talent acquisition and retention is the creation of a sound organizational culture. It is this culture that creates the milieu for the ecosystem to be built and developed. This culture is a prerequisite for equipping employees with the tools they need for realizing their full potential with the organization. The basis to all this is active employee engagement, the absence of which neutralizes and negates everything that the integrated ecosystem can achieve.
What are the ways and approaches for building this integrated ecosystem in which organizations’ employees feel engaged and are aligned to the organizational culture and goals, and love to work for the organization? Connect with TrainHR for gaining more knowledge about Successful career development.
Successful career development has seven crucial elements
Understand the strategies for creating an integrated ecosystem which facilitates the career development of the employees. Producing a highly engaged and motivated workforce whose talent the organization utilizes to its fullest, and retaining this workforce is the result this ecosystem should yield. The creation of such as career development strategy has as many as seven core elements.
This integrated ecosystem is set in the background of the present-day trend in the job market, in which keeping in mind the difficulty in finding and retaining talent, organizations are building backup bench strength to prepare for talent departure that happens at short notice. Such exits are more common, given the hurry in which fresh blood is eager to seek out opportunities.
Through these seven elements, learn the ways by which to attract, nurture and retain top talent in the organization:
- The components of a Career Development Ecosystem
- How to create a shared understanding of career development in your organization
- How to get managers to support career development, have career conversations, and develop people on the job
- How to motivate managers to become talent developers vs. talent hoarders
- How to encourage employees to take ownership for their own career development
- How to use career development as part of a powerful employment brand to attract the best talent
- Recommendations for job-related online career assessments
- Content to include in a self-service career development portal
- Specific career development approaches for Gen Y employees, including tools to level set promotion expectations
- Enterprise-wide software that can be utilized for talent visibility throughout the organization
- The role of external and internal career coaches
- Financial outcomes with case studies from implementing effective career development programs.
Struggling with Career Development? connect with TrainHR for better career development tips