Onboarding is a critical component of hiring, but considering the importance of the hire and this process, and considering the numerous steps that go into onboarding; it is usually a long drawn process. It can sometimes take months, when one considers the fact that onboarding starts with seeking out the candidate and ends technically only when the candidate comes in, reports to work and then gets acclimatized and confirmed a few months after joining in.
We have grown into thinking that all these are necessary steps for onboarding and hiring. But is there a way by which we can shorten the process, while retaining the effectiveness of the method? Do onboarding and hiring necessarily have to be this convoluted and long drawn out? Do they have to be the highly expensive exercises that they turn out to be? Is it possible to cut down on valuable resources such as time and money that go into the hiring process while remaining legally compliant?
A learning session on the ways of doing it
Yes, and this is the learning a webinar from TrainHR, a leading provider of professional trainings for the human resources industry, will be offering. At this highly interactive, valuable session, the speaker is Jan Triplett, CEO of the internationally recognized Business Success Center. Jan is an entrepreneur, author, speaker and small business activist and a frequent keynote speaker on business growth models, funding and pricing strategies, alliance building, personnel management, and sales processes.
Want to gain insights into this valuable process of cost and time cutting for the hiring process and translate and realize its value into your organization? Then, enroll for this webinar by visiting TrainHR . Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
Avoid spending huge sums on hiring
The core of this learning that Jan will bring to this webinar is the ways by which organizations can avoid spending a huge sum on the arduous process of hiring, which could sometimes end up bringing the wrong person on the table. When this kind of hiring mistake is undesirable for big organizations; one can imagine its impact and futility on smaller ones that work on much tighter budgets. Avoiding being in this scenario calls for planning how to do the right stuff and being in compliance with the regulatory requirements relating to hiring so that the hiring process is transparent. Everyone involved in the process, from HR to the organization, to the new hire, benefits when the right processes are followed. This is the learning Jan will offer at this highly entertaining session.
Jan will show how HR can inculcate the time controls that go into the hiring process. These include:
- Knowing “who” as well as “what” you need to accomplish current and future goals
- Understanding the culture of your organization, its stakeholders, and influencers
- Having a clear hiring message and process and onboarding system
- Setting limits and rules and sticking by them when hiring
Everyone who is involved in the onboarding and hiring process or having an interest in it, such as owners of small businesses, top management staff (C- Level), Co-Founders, Marketing & Sales Directors with inside or outside Sales Teams, Operations Managers, vendors to larger businesses, and Presidents or CEO’s of non-profit organizations will gain immensely from this webinar.
Jan will cover the following areas at this webinar:
- Identifying and profiling all the relevant characteristics of the employee you need and who will fit into your corporate culture
- Arriving at a hiring budget as well as determining what you can afford to pay and offer as benefits
- Creating a plan and process to hire that gets people working sooner
- Knowing options to help you pay for new employees, train or retrain existing employees, more space or a better location
- Getting buy in for the plan from the top to the bottom of the organization and the stakeholders
- Putting the new hiring plan into action
- Tracking and Evaluating the Plan.