The Millennials are set to become the next wave of the American workforce. They are set to make up fifty percent of the American workforce by 2020-21. The Millennials, as we all know, are those who were born roughly from 1982 to 2004. Given the coincidence of explosion of technology typified by the widespread prevalence of a multitude of personal devices and the social media with the maturation of the age at which these Millennials have joined the workforce; the workforce of this generation brings its distinctiveness and uniqueness.
Understanding the unique characteristics the Millennials bring to the American workforce is very important if organizations have to get the most out of this workforce. Further, this will be the key to making the kind of adjustments that help accommodate the Millennials at the workplace. Organizations that overlook this important factor could end up losing out on the potential benefits the Millennials bring to the workforce.
Learn more about Millennials at the workforce
A webinar from TrainHR, a highly popular provider of professional trainings for the human resources industry, will be imparting all that it takes to understand the ways and peculiarities of the millennials at the workforce. At this webinar, Dr. B. Lynn Ware, CEO and President, Integral Talent Systems, Inc., and an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist and thought leader, will be the speaker.
This is the essence of what Dr. Ware will teach at this webinar:
- Understanding what it takes to hire Millennials at the workforce
- Ways of creating a Millennials-friendly work environment
- Building an employment image branding to accommodate the new workforce
- Revamping strategies to include all that the Millennials at the workforce consider necessary for development.
To gain the crucial insights into understanding how to deal with Millennials at the workplace, getting to understand how to utilize their talents better, and to leverage their unique abilities into your organization, please register for this session by visiting http://www.trainhr.com/control/w_product/~product_id=701692LIVE?wordpress-seo .
This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
Five easy steps to hiring and retaining Millennials at the workforce
Dr. Ware will explain the five easy steps for retaining Millennials at the workforce. This is the result of a comprehensive study she carried out to explore how millennials view the workplace and what motivates them to change jobs. Frequently quoted aphorisms in corporate circles, “employees leave managers, not companies” may not necessarily be true with the Millennials.
All these point to the fact that Millennials have to be approached and dealt with differently if their abilities have to be utilized by the managements. HR professionals and senior managers will derive enormous benefits from this webinar on Millennials at the workforce.
In the course of explaining the dynamics of Millennials at the workforce, Dr. Ware will cover the following areas:
- The most important job factors for attracting and retaining early career talent
- Employment branding strategy and messaging for Millennials
- Career support strategies that work for Gen Y employees
- Use of integrated talent management technology for Gen Y self-service career development
- Use of gamification platforms for career development
- Use of mobile toolkits for career development applications
- How to teach Gen Ys to navigate their careers
- End-to-end career development ecosystems
- What to do about career development if there are no advancement opportunities
- The trendsetters Case studies from tech companies in California; what they are doing to attract and retain early career employees.