The art of fine email communication

email

 

Powerful language alone, it is estimated, makes up, at best, 15% of a communication. That is the distance to which smooth and articulate flow of words can take communication. What makes up the remaining 85%? How is the meat of the communication delivered to the receiver?

In an office environment, since it is through emails that most communication is done, it is extremely important to know what to do to convey the full and exact message. Precision and certainness about what to say is the core of communication, which makes up for the soul of the communication.

What is written stays…

Clothing it in refined and attractive words may only enhance its effect, but is not a substitute for clarity of thought. Exactness is all the more important in emails, because the word that is written cannot be retracted.

Communicators should take care to see to it that what they are communicating is neither too friendly nor too remote. They should strike a balance between blandness and fuzziness, and between too much detail and too few words.

Learn the fine art of communication

The ways by which professionals in an organization can finesse their communication skills will be taught at a webinar that is being organized by TrainHR, a leading provider of professional trainings for the HR industry. To enroll for this webinar, please visit http://bit.ly/2fT9OM8 .

At this webinar, Dr. Genie Z. Laborde, Ph. D., Founder of International Dialogue Education Associates, Inc. and internationally recognized seminar leader and author with 31 years of experience in her field, will explain facts about human communication that the participants can use immediately to improve the message of their emails.

This kind of learning is highly useful for a number of professionals whose work involves communication, such as businessmen, CEO, CFO and CTO, HR Managers, Supervisors, Senior Management, Sales and Marketing, those in Leadership, and Employee Relationship Manager and Staffing Managers.

At this session, Dr. Laborde will cover the following areas:

o   Visual words

o   Sound words

o   Feeling words

o   When to use what kinds of words for maximum receptivity and understanding on the part of the receiver

o   Power words

o   Humor?

o   Danger words

o   Short?

o   Secrets?

o   Truth

o   Avoid these

o   Helpful aids

o   Wear their shoes.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s