This is something that has happened to many employees: Everyone other than that person seems to be getting promoted easily. The main reason for this is that even though that employee is efficient and productive; the feedback she has had from her superiors is that she may have a superior ability to get results; but her major failing is in the area of communication.
When an employee’s superiors feel that the employee’s communication lacks emotional and social intelligence; the prospects for promotion drop dramatically. In other words, all that this employee is lacking in is what is called Executive Presence. If an employee seems to have everything that makes a good employee and has been performing consistently, but yet fails to make it to the promotion level; then it is time for that employee to improve her Executive Presence.
Helping to understand and grow Executive Presence
Executive Presence is a quality not many managers have. This is a broad term of which there are numerous connotations ranging from communication skills to the tactical. A webinar from TrainHR, a leading provider of professional trainings for the human resources industry, will give a clear understanding of the term.
Valerie Pelan, who is President of Integrated Focus, which provides executive coaching on leadership areas such as executive presence, career transitioning and leading change, is the speaker at this webinar, which has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
To understand the concept of Executive Presence better and to implement it into your careers, register for this webinar by simply visiting http://bit.ly/2eOKAxg .
Key skills for Executive Presence
At this webinar, Valerie will impart the key skills needed for leaders to project the Executive Presence to motivate and challenge their direct reports. She will offer a complete understanding of Executive Presence, which is needed for getting promoted at work. Leaders, Managers, Individual Contributors, High Potentials and Baby Boomers will find this session useful.
Valerie will cover the following areas at this webinar:
- The leader exudes self-confidence
- They use influence and emotional-social intelligent communication style balanced with a sincere drive for results
- Understand the business- strategically – knows how things work
- Lead team on an issue or challenge – work toward goal and results
- Choose appropriate modes to operate – negotiation, directness, results driven, etc.
- Provides timely feedback Component that often gets focused on: appearance that exudes self-confidence
- Effectively manages perceptions
- It is more than just dressing well
- Can be counted on when times are tough – inner winner mindset