Every organization wants to retain top talent and build bench strength. This, however, is quite a challenge for most organizations because of the skills gap that exist currently and the market scenario in which there is a difficulty in sourcing and attracting top talent. In view of this, the step many companies are taking is to increase the percentage of workers they develop internally to fill vacant roles in the organization’s higher positions. This internal development should ideally complement rapid career movement that early career employees have come to expect as a condition of employment.
There are seven vital elements of successful career development, implementing which will help organizations overcome this problem of identifying and retaining talent. Which are these seven steps? Dr. B. Lynn Ware, CEO and President, Integral Talent Systems, Inc., the speaker at a webinar being organized by TrainHR, a very well-known provider of professional trainings for the human resources industry, will outline these.
Participants of this webinar can gain a full understanding of this career development path by enrolling for this webinar by visiting http://bit.ly/2f3adbS . This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
Ecosystem for career development
Lynn will help participants understand the ways by which to retain talent, engage the workforce and fill internal roles through the use of seven essential elements that form an ecosystem for career development. This ecosystem is the blueprint for helping organizations to build their brand to attract top talent and enhance their ability to execute their stated business plans.
The speaker at this webinar will familiarize participants with the components of an effective, integrated career development ecosystem and how they can efficiently and economically implement one within their organization.
Building a culture of development
Establishing a development culture in which the employees are equipped with the tools they need to support their career growth is absolutely essential for an organization that wants to compete successfully for critical talent and generate a strong ROI on its human capital investment. The ways of doing this will form the important aspect of this webinar. Lynn will demonstrate how to reap the benefits of top talent retention and increased engagement by providing integrated career support for participating organizations’ employees.
Lynn will cover the following areas at this webinar:
- The components of a Career Development Ecosystem
- How to create a shared understanding of career development in your organization
- How to get managers to support career development, have career conversations, and develop people on the job
- How to motivate managers to become talent developers vs talent hoarders
- How to encourage employees to take ownership for their own career development
- How to use career development as part of a powerful employment brand to attract the best talent
- Recommendations for job-related online career assessments
- Content to include in a self-service career development portal
- Specific career development approaches for Gen Y employees, including tools to level set promotion expectations
- Enterprise-wide software that can be utilized for talent visibility throughout the organization
- The role of external and internal career coaches
- Financial outcomes with case studies from implementing effective career development programs