The Millennials, those born roughly between 1980 and 2000, will be the next generation that will make up the US workforce. What differentiates this generation from the previous ones is that they were born at around the same time that IT, which has changed our lives in the most dramatic of ways, began to evolve. Being of this generation, they come with a few distinct characteristics:
- They are more gadget and social media friendly
- Their work life is expected to be more inclusive
- They accept diversity with greater ease
- Their work is almost totally paperless and cyber based.
Since this is the first line of employees that have inherited technology to the extent that they are almost congenitally bound to each other; HR in any organization that hires the Millennials has to be aware of their traits if they have to make the most out of their abilities.
A webinar that is being organized by TrainHR, a very popular provider of professional trainings for the human resources industry, will offer valuable tips on how organizations can derive the most out of the Millennials. Jim Zalud, a language expert who has conducted seminars for business and law enforcement personnel for the past three decades, will be the speaker at this interesting webinar.
To enroll for this webinar, just visit http://bit.ly/2f3XV78 . This course has been approved for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRi and SPHRi recertification through HR Certification Institute (HRCI).
Understanding how to understand the Millennials better
Jim will help participants of this webinar ascertain the events that helped shape the current perception of Millennials. He will illuminate the values that are dear to the Millennials, describe the ways in which the Millennials differ from those of the previous generations, help them identify management techniques with which to get better results from Millennials, and finally, explain what steps managements need to take to build a good relationship with the Millennials.
Jim will cover the following areas during this webinar:
- How Millennials got to where they are today.
- Know what Millennials trust, and don’t trust.
- Learn what Millennials value most.
- Learn why a Millennial is in conflict with religion.
- Know how to get a Millennial’s attention.
- Learn the proxemics that makes a productive workplace.
- Learn what will secure rapport with a Millennial.
- Learn about the Apps, Platforms, and Mobile Devices that that interest, and present, the information of their lives.